(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)Herbed NutLoaf
1½ cups unsalted nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds, or cashews)
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 onion, finely chopped
14-ounce can of diced tomatoes
4 ounces cremini mushrooms (about 6 large), sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Egg replacer for 2 eggs
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons olive oilHerbed NutLoaf
Green Bean Casserole
- Slice the mushroom, the onion and chopped the garlic.
- Sauté the onion, the garlic and the mushroom slighly for about 3 minutes. Keep moving the onion and the mushroom so they don’t attache to the pan, until they get nicely golden and soft.
- Pour in 1½ cup of old-fahioned oats into a bowl.
- Mix 3 teaspoons of egg replacer and 4 tablespoons of warm water really well and add them to the oats.
- Add the diced tomatoes into the bowl. Mix.
- Pour in the onion mushrooms mixture to the oats. Mix really well.
- Add in the finely chopped parsley, sage, and thyme. Mix.
- Sprinkle the nuts evenly. Mix.
- Pour some oil on a baking pan and spread it evenly.
- Put the mixture on the baking pan and shape it like a roast.
- Put it in the oven at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes.
- The roasted nut is ready to be served.
- Dissolved some vegan vegetable bouillon with some almond milk.
- Deep fried the onions.
- Sauté some green beans.
- Dice one carrot, 4 ounces of mushrooms and half onions. Put them into the food processor and pulse it a while so that they will form a little nice cubes. Put them in the mixing bowl.
- Add in the almond milk mixture into the sautéed carrots, mushrooms, and onions mixture. Mix well.
- Add about 2 or 3 tablespoons of cornstarch into 2 to 3 tablespoons of warm water. Dilute it. Add in into the mixture. This will be used to thicken the sauce.
- Add in the herbs into the vegetable mixture. Mix.
- Add in some salt and pepper as to taste.
- Add in the sautéed green beans. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a dish and put it into the oven at 350 degree F for 10 to 15 minutes.
The casserole is ready to be served