Wild Herbs Salad
English plaintain (ribwort plaintain)
Common wood sorrel
4 tablespoons pumpkinseed oil
4 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon almond butter
1 teaspoon sweet Bavarian mustard
Dash of salt
1 kohlrabi (German turnip) with leaves
3 celery stalks
5 dandelions leaves
1 small handful sorrel
1 small handful wood sorrel
1 handful Bishop’s weed
5 strawberry leaves
3 small tomatoes for decorationBishop’s Weed “Spinach” with Mash PotatoesMashed Potatoes:
5 medium potatoes
100 milliliters vegan cream (Alpro brand)
2 pinches of nutmeg
Dash of saltSpinach:
1 big onion or 6 shallots
1 – 2 cloves of garlic
4 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon soup seasoning
Dash of salt
1 sliced carrot for decorationWild Herbs SaladDressing:
- Pour in some pumpkin seed oil.
- Add in a little bit of Balsamic vinegar.
- Add in some of almond butter (or peanut butter as alternative).
- Add in some Bavarian mustard and a little salt.
- Stir the mixture into a smooth sauce.
Bishop’s Weed “Spinach” with Mash PotatoesMashed Potatoes:
- Peeled the kohlrabi and cut them into small pieces. Use also the small leaves that are at the top since this is the best part.
- Take the celery and cut them roughly into pieces.
- Put them together into blender, and make them into smaller pieces, do not purée them.
- Pour the kohlrabi and celery mixture into the dressing
- Finely chop all the herbs: the dandelion leaves, the dandelions, the daises, the sorrel, the wood sorrel, the young Bishop’s weed.
- Add in the finely chop herbs into the kohlrabi and celery mixture into the marinade, and mix them together.
- Cut some cherry tomatoes for a little decoration.
- Add a dash of pepper.
- Decorate it with some tomatoes and maybe a few more yellow dandelions.
- Ready to be served.
- Chop the potatoes into small pieces.
- Turn on the heat to the wok, place the potatoes there and pour some water in. Not to much water only about two finger high.
- Add some salt to it and let the potatoes cooked.
- When the potatoes are soft and the water are still left a little, add in the soy cream and the vegan cream to make it very smooth and creamy.
- Add in some nutmeg to it.
- Mash the potatoes.
- Dice the onions and the garlic.
- Pour some oil into the pan, and add the diced onions into the oil.
- Use medium heat until the onions golden brown.
- Add in the garlic.
- Add in the Bishop’s weed.
- Add some water to cook the herbs, give a good stir so that the onions are well stirred with the herbs, and let the whole thing cook slowly.
- Put the lid on for a while.
- Add in a bit of salt, soup seasoning and pepper. Stir.
- Close the lid again
- Place the mashed potatoes on a plate.
- Place some of the spinach.
- Decorate it with some sliced carrots and some tomatoes if you like.