(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)
Raw Vegan Holiday Stuffing
⅓ cup macadamia nuts
⅓ cup sunflower seeds
⅓ cup raw pumpkin seeds, finely ground
⅓ cup green onion (3 onions), chopped
½ cup celery (2 stalks), chopped
1 cup brown mushrooms, diced and marinated in nama shoyu
3 tablespoons flax seed oil
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1½ teaspoons thyme
1½ teaspoon rosemary
2 small apples, dicedRaw Vegan Holiday Stuffing
Raw Vegan Apple PieCrust
- Chop the brown mushrooms into bite-sized pieces.
- Marinate the mushrooms with 3 tablespoons of flax seed oil and 3 tablespoons of nama shoyu.
- Mix the mushroom and make sure that all the pieces are covered properly.
- Leave it marinating for 3 hours.
- Or else, marinate the mushroom the night before and put them in the fridge.
- Chop the apple, celery, and green onion into bite-sized pieces.
- Grind the macadamia nuts but not too fine and soak them overnight so that the enzymes are more active in the nuts.
- Chop the rosemary and the thyme into nice fine pieces and put them in a bowl.
- Mix everything together and add a pinch or two of salt and pepper. And mix again.
- The raw vegan stuffing is ready.
- Soak the 5 dates and the quarter cup of raisins for about an hour.
- Meanwhile, peel the apples.
- Chop the apples into nice strips, thin but not too thin.
- Squeeze the lemon, and pour the juice onto the apple. This will make the apple softer like a cooked apple. Mix and let it sit for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Pop the almonds into the food processor, and pulse it until it’s a fine powder.
- Take a tablespoon of the almond powder in your finger and put it onto the bottom of the pan.
- Add in the pitted dates into food processor, and together with the almonds continue mix them until they’re one mixture.
- Add a little bit of water so they’re not too dry. The texture should look like a nice doughy texture.
- Take the mixture out of the food processor and pour them onto the pan. Press it into the bottom.
- Peel the orange, and make sure there’s no seeds in it.
- Put the orange inside the food processor.
- Add in the dates that have been soaked.
- Add in the water, 2 teaspoon of salt, and 2 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- Put the lid on and pulse the food processor until it’s sauce-like texture.
- Dump the sauce onto the nicely marinated apples. Mix it together nicely.
- Take the raisins out from the soaked water, dump the water and add it to the apple mixture. Mix it nicely and put it on top of the pie crust.
- For garnish, put some of apple slices around the outside of the pan in sort of fan shape.
- The apple pie is ready.