(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)Summer Rolls
Rice paper wrappers
Rice noodlesDipping Sauce
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
Vegetable seasoning powder
Orange juiceLemongrass Tofu
500 grams firm tofu
¼ cup finely minced
1 teaspoon mushroom
or vegetable seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon chili flakes
Try these and other scrumptious vegan dishes at Loving Hut Menton in Menton, France Menton.LovingHut.fr
for a Loving Hut listing near youSummer Rolls
- Cook the dry rice noodle in boiled water for about 5 minutes, and then rinse it twice with cold tap water and put it aside. It will become dry naturally.
- Prepare some warm water.
- Take one piece of rice paper, dip it in the warm water. Make sure every part is wet with the warm water.
- Placer the rice paper in a tray or cutting board. The water will evaporate and become dry.
- Take the lettuce leave on the low part of the rice paper, and take a piece of vegan ham, some rice noodles, some carrots, and cucumber. Put some peppermint leaves (2 or 3 are enough), and cilantro. Put two vegan shrimps or tofu.
- Roll the rice paper very tightly. Hold the whole thing tightly.
- Don’t put too many ingredients otherwise the roll will be too big.
- The roll can be eaten like that but also nice to cut it into four parts.
- The roll can also be eaten with peanut sauce.
- Mix about 1 tablespoon of peanut butter with 1 tablespoon of hoisin sauce and some seasoning powder.
- Add some coconut milk with some water and orange juice, and add this into the peanut butter.
- Mix thoroughly and ready to be eaten.
- Chop the fresh lemongrass very fine and mix it with 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of vegetable seasoning, ½ teaspoon of chili flakes.
- Take a big piece of tofu, put it in a pot of salty water to cook it around 15 minutes to make the tofu more tasty.
- Take out the tofu, press out the water, and cut the tofu thick about 15 milimeters. Dry the tofu a little bit with paper towel.
- Make some grooves on both sides of the tofu.
- Put some of the lemongrass mixture inside its grooves.
- Put the tofu in a fridge overnight, or 12 hours at least.
- After that, fry the tofu in medium heat in vegetable oil. Just use very thin layer of oil so the tofu will be golden brown on both sides.
- The tofu is ready to be served.