Basic Instructions for Installation:
Setting up a satellite system in your home is a relatively easy task which any DIYer can do. Firstly you have to ensure that the fixing to which the satellite dish is affixed is secure.
Secondly, the dish has to be aligned perfectly otherwise you will not get a signal. To give you an idea it is like pointing a dish at a motor car 1000 miles away, but with a small amount of trial and error and some useful tips, its easy!
1) To receive satellite signals, the satellite dish (in Space) has to be in the direct line of sight of the satellite. Blockages such as trees or buildings will interfere with the signal.
2) Identify where you are going to place your dish. It has to be in the south facing position and be able to move across the sky horizontally
3) Bolt two securing bolts on the wall and affix the dish
4) It is better to set the angle / elevation first. Typically in the UK, the angle required is 30-31 degrees (UP/Down) and marked on the side of the bracket.
5) Now you need to position the horizontal plane. The Hotbird satellite is13 degrees east of South. A compass will help you find the correct position.
6) Now, fine tuning is all that is needed to pick up your satellite signal. The tools mentioned above can help you, a "Sat Finder" signal meter or "Sat Beeper". Using a meter will allow you to align the dish more accurately, by moving the dish very slowly until the meter picks up the signal, and finally to the point at which a slight flex of the dish in any direction shows a reduction in signal meaning your dish is spot on.
Note: You will need a short "Jumper cable" about 3 feet long, to use with the meter. The jumper cable connects between the LNB and the meter. The cable from the receiver connects into the other end of the meter.
7) You are now ready to plug in your receiver and use the onscreen signal strength meter to get it just perfect. Your set up screen should show a signal for Hotbird in excess of 60%. If it's very low (<10%), you are most likely on the wrong satellite, or you have a bad connection in you cable connectors (see diagram below).
Note: The outer wire core of the cable should not be in contact with the inner core.
8) After this please refer to the set up instruction booklet of the receiver in order to view SMTV.
9) Now sit back and relax, you are ready to enjoy the most positive spiritual channel in the world!