(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)Crust
1½ cups unbleached wheat flour
¼ cup olive oil
¼ – ½ cup water
1 teaspoon sea saltFilling
1 cup chopped leek
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 pound fresh spinach
2 tablespoons olive oil
14 ounces firm tofu
½ cup non-dairy vegan milk
2 tablespoons soy parmesan cheese
¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
¾ teaspoons of salt
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground red pepper
2 tablespoons Nutritional yeast flakes
Serve with fresh fruit and fresh juice
- Put the flour in a medium size bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt, and stir a little bit.
- Add ¼ cup of oil, and stir well.
- When the mixture starts to resemble a coarse sand, add ¼ cup of water.
- If it is still dry, add the rest of the water.
- The dough should be soft enough to form into a ball but dry enough not to stick to your hands.
- Take 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- Slightly moisten the table underneath 1 of the pieces with water.
- On top of this plastic wrap put the dough.
- Push a little bit to flatten in down, make it get ready to be rolled.
- On top of the dough, put the other plastic wrap.
- Get the rolling pin and gently roll out your dough into a shape that is about 1 inch larger in diameter than your pie plate.
- Remove the top layer of plastic wrap, and gently take the bottom layer, and then flip it into your pie pan.
- Form the edge of the dough, if you have a long edge you can fold it in and make a nice contained circle.
- Take a fork and poke holes about every 2 inches around the crust so that it doesn’t create air pockets when baking.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and put in the pie crust for about 12 minutes.
- For filling, preheat the pan to medium high and add 2 tablespoon of oil.
- Sauté the chopped leeks for 2-3 minutes until they start to become a little golden brown.
- Add the chopped mushrooms. Let it cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the fresh spinach. Stir it frequently so that it gets wilted on all sides.
- Turn off the heat and remove the sautéed vegetables into a bowl.
- Prepare the tofu filling in the food processor.
- Add 14 ounce block of firm tofu, ½ cup of vegan milk, 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast, ¼ teaspoon of Dijon mustard, ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg, 1 teaspoon of salt, 2 tablespoon of vegan parmesan, and a dash of cayenne pepper.
- Put the lid of the food processor, and turn it on and blend until smooth.
- Mix the tofu filling and the sautéed vegetables. This will be our quiche.
- Take the pie crust out of the oven, add the quiche filling.
- Put it back again in the oven at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with fresh fruit and fresh juice.