(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)
4 cups water
2 cups semolina
2 cups sugar
- Blanch the almonds, boil them for a while.
- Peeled and chopped the almond into small pieces.
- Prepare the syrup by adding 4 cups of water into a pot, boil the water, and then add the sugar.
- Stir the sugar, and then add the rosewater. Let it boil.
- Start frying the halva by adding some oil into our pan. The oil should cover the bottom of the pan.
- When the oil is hot enough, add in the almonds into the oil and fry them. Mix them well. Fry them until they change color into slightly brown.
- Meanwhile, when the syrup starts to boil, turn down the heat.
- Once the almonds are fried, add in the semolina and fry it as well.
- Keep stirring the semolina and the almonds. Fry until they become golden.
- Take the boiled syrup and pour in slowly into the pan while keep stirring.
- Mix them well and then turn off the heat.
- Transfer the halva onto a plate, spread it out and level it on a plate. Use the syrup to smoothly level it.
- The halva is done, allow it to cool down for a while.
- After it cools down, cut it into shapes according to taste.
- Ready to be served.