(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)Mushroom Stroganoff (Gluten-free)
Pinch of white pepper
Pinch of cayenne
5 cranks fresh ground black pepper
½ teaspoon dry thyme leaf or 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaf
½ teaspoon dry rubbed sage leaf or 2 teaspoons of fresh sage leaf
½ teaspoon dry French tarragon or 2 teaspoons of fresh tarragon leaf
2 cloves minced garlic
½ cup diced bell pepper
¾ cup diced yellow or white onion
2 caps diced portabella, de-stemmed and de-gilled
2 teaspoons sea salt
2 tablespoons sesame oil
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons tamari (wheat-free)
1½ cup soup stock or water
2 cups tofu sour cream
Semolina pappardelle pasta or long grain brown riceTofu Sour Cream
2 packages Mori-Nu soft silken tofu
3 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
3 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
¼ cup canola oil
1 tablespoon sugar
1½ teaspoon sea salt
Mushroom Stroganoff (Gluten-free)
Tofu Sour Cream
- Sauté the onion first, and then the bell peppers.
- Add in a pinch of white pepper, a pinch of cayenne, a pinch of dried thyme.
- Add in the fresh ground black pepper and the salt.
- Add in the sesame oil and olive oil.
- Throw in the mushrooms.
- Sauté everything together.
- Turn the heat down a little bit so that the olive oil doesn’t burn.
- Meanwhile, put on top of a plate some nice fresh spring of Italian parsley and fresh dill. Also mince some up for the edge of the plate.
- If the onion are already 75% translucent, then it is time to add in the garlic.
- Deglaze it with water and wheat free tamari.
- Let it cook for about 15 minutes until the volume reduce to half.
- This mushroom stroganoff sauce will be blended with the tofu sour cream.
- Put the Mori-Nu tofu in the blender.
- Add in the salt, the distilled vinegar, the olive oil, the lemon juice.
- Turn on the blender, and give it a little stir.
- Make the cream has a smooth texture with no chunks in it.
- Add in the fresh herbs: the winter savory, and the sage.
- Turn on the blender again and give it a little stir.
- Pour in the sauce into a bowl and put it in a refrigerator.
Long Grain Brown Rice (Gluten Free):
- Boil some water, and when it reaches the hottest point, add in the pasta.
- Boil the pasta for about 3-4 minutes or until it is floating.
- Take out the pasta and drain the water.
- Take one of the pasta and cut it into smaller pieces.
- Let the pasta cooling down and put them in the middle of a plate.
- Put a spoonful of the tofu sour cream on it and also a spoonful of the mushroom stroganoff sauce.
- Try to get those mushroom on top to make they look more attractive.
- Add a little bit of dill and a little bit of parsley leaf as garnish.
- Throw in some fresh ground black pepper around the outside to give it another flavor profile.
- The Papparadelle Pasta with the mushroom stroganoff and tofu sour cream is ready to be served.
- Put some long grain brown rice into a pan.
- Take a spoonful of the tofu sour cream and add it to the rice.
- Take a spoonful of mushroom stroganoff sauce.
- Put it in a sushi mould form with some of the mushroom on top.
- This is a risotto style gluten free portabella mushroom stroganoff.
- Garnish it with some Italian flat leaf parsley around the edge.
- Throw a little dill on top just for excitement and pleasure.
- The gluten-free mushroom brown rice stroganoff is ready to be served.